As I started writing this post, a summer shower came down to water the garden and clean the air. My water tank is full to the brim again. I haven´t turned on the tap to water a single plant this spring as the rain has given us a steady supply.
I was honored to see that domesticali tagged me for a meme, so here it is!
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? I have no idea.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? I think last week, watching “The Holiday”.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING Yes, it´s all curly and artistic.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE LUNCH MEAT? Roast beef.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? 3 boys
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Yes, I´d love to hang around with me.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Yes, it´s mostly misunderstood but I get alot of laughs out of it.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS Yes, but I said goodbye to my apendix when I was 12.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? No, I saw a vidoe once where a bungee jumper got the rope caught around his kneck and I´d be terrified of this happening.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CEREAL? Coco Pops.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? No.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Does being strong mean being able to take a lot of crap or not taking any crap? I´m better at the first and getting better at the second.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ICE CREAM? A Golden Gaytime – if you´re an Aussie you know what this is, to anyone else it may sound kinky.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? If they look me in the eyes. 15. RED OR PINK? Both.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVOURITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? My thin hair.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST My best friend back in Australia, Lydia.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? huh?
19. WHAT COLOUR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Short jeans, no shoes.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Fresh bread topped with a fried egg and cheese.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? 2WS, a Sydney radio station.
22. IF YOU WHERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOUR WOULD YOU BE? One of those rainbow ones.
23. FAVOURITE SMELLS? Fresh cut grass (reminds me of Aussia summers), Paris perfume (reminds me of my first day at work), baby powder (reminds me of my kids when they were babies).
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Boyfriend.
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Yes, although I don´t know her very well yet.
26. FAVOURITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Swimming.
27. HAIR COLOUR? Between brown and red.
28. EYE COLOUR? Between green and blue.
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Yes.
30. FAVOURITE FOOD? A good steak or prawns.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? I hate scary movies.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Children of men, it really scared me.
33. WHAT COLOUR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Blue tie-dyed.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? SUMMER!!!
35. HUGS OR KISSES? I can´t choose.
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Huh?
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Huh?
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? The Bride Stripped bare – very sexy.
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?I don´t have one.
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT? Dr. House, there was nothing else on.
42. FAVOURITE SOUND? The kids running up the stairs after school.
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Rolling Stones.
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? I have called a lot of places home - mainly Sydney and Reichenfels and they are 15.981 kilometers or 9930 miles or 8629 nautical miles apart.
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I can sing.
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Styria, Austria.
47. WHAT SUPERPOWER WOULD YOU LIKE? I´d like to be able to beam myself, being able to make myself invisible would be great too!
Thursday, June 28, 2007
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Today a new sun rises for me; everything lives, everything is animated, everything seems to speak to me of my passion, everything invites me to cherish it. (Anne De Lenclos)
Look at the beauty going on in our garden! I finally managed to use up most of my fabric stash by making 11 meters of bunting to hang in the garden. Check out this group for inspiration. This has been the most beautiful spring with sunshine and warm showers and the garden is growing at great speed compared to previous years. I am looking forward to a harvest of strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, rasberries, zuchini, potatoes, tomatoes and runner beans, all pictured above.
I want to thank everyone for the encouraging comments on my last post. The house is definately going to be sold. Erich and I cannot afford to pay my husband his half of the house and he is at the end of the line with our bank so the house will soon be up for sale. The good news is that it may take quite a while for him to find a buyer so we have time to look for a rental home, we have managed to break the news to the children and they are ready for anything that may happen. I can then walk away finally divorced and with a little money to start new. I have overcome my first shock and now I´m looking forward to seeing what challenges the future holds.