Thursday, October 18, 2007

Getting colder...

as winter is approaching. I love our cosy living room, it´s like a cave with attic windows to let in lots of light. In the top right photo you´ll see the wonderful wooden support beams that gave me the idea to paint a tree silhouette on the wall behind. Bottom right is the little lane that passes by our building, one of so many hidden short cuts we´ve started to explore almost daily. I lived in this town 10 years ago when my children were babies - now they walk along side me while we go exploring, almost grown up now and I remember holding their little hands and pushing them in their prams on these same streets...it makes we want to turn back the clock.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your living room in the attic and the "tree" looks great.
Thank you for sharing your photos with us. Hope it's not too cold yet.
We are having lovely warm days now but no rain and oh so dry.
Everyone has hayfever even if, like me, you've never had it before.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Hi Claudia

I just love the look of your new home..loving the living room. So light but cosy.

Hope it is not too cold for you...it has been sunny but cold here today.

Anonymous said...

Girl, You are so damn unbelievable! I really thought I was looking at magazine shoots. You know the once I tear out for my inspirationboards..

Wow Just wow.. The carpenter and the paintlady you are an awesome duo!

Anonymous said...

ich liebe dich

Anonymous said...

Hey, Just popped in via another blog. I love the honesty of your blog and wish you well in your new life. Your home looks lovely and tidy. I get too distracted creating and then fight to squeeze in the rest of my day including my two sons and busy husband. It all sounds very exciting and adventurous. I have not travelled much but via blogs like yours I feel as if I get to see the world and meet interesting, creative folk. One day I will travel and meet other interesting folk, it's part of my dream. But for now I am mother, so I wait patiently and pour myself into my two creations.

African Kelli said...

Beautiful space! I really love it.

Jorth said...

Your house looks just lovely!

Jamie said...

Oh, Claudia, your room is so beautiful that I thought this was a collage you had made out of magazine pictures. Truly stunning and inviting. It feels like you could just let out a deep sigh and let your mind be clear. Beautiful. What a wonderful aesthetic sense you have!