Monday, May 25, 2015

Welcome to my garden!
This is where I spend my time in Spring, Summer and Autumn and where my thoughts spend their time  time during those cold Winter days. We try to live from the garden´s produce - with additional purchases from local shops. We start with herbs, elderflower and leafy greens in Spring - some of which grow wild - and move on to radishes, more greens, carrots, zuchini, broccoli, pak choi and onions in the summer and tomatoes, eggplant, brussel sprouts, kale and pumpkins in the Autumn. Oh, and I almost forgot the fruits! We have apricots, plums, grapes, rasberries, strawberries, red currants, cherries and apples. Writing this is making me realise how much this garden gives us! And it´s not much work really - I spend about  2 days a week in March preparing the beds, turning the compost and sowing seeds. In April and May it´s only 1 day a week - weeding and planting plus watering every second day. From June until August / September all I do is water, weed and harvest and in October I spend about 4 days getting the garden ready for winter. A wonderful hobby that I enjoy and which also feeds us!

5 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Claudia!!!! How wonderful to see you and a true delight to walk through your garden. What a beautiful space you've created, nourishing in so very many ways!

Thank you for taking part in the garden hop. It's a joy to be connected and to visit with you.

lots of love,
Jamie

Deborah Weber said...

Oh such a lovely garden - I can imagine how satisfying it is to spend time in it enjoying all the beauty. And how fabulous you're able to harvest so much for your table. Thanks for letting us come and see.

GraceGal said...

I adore your garden! I wish we were neighbors so I could be your garden apprentice. I have so much to learn and I can see you have been at this a long time. So beautiful.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Hello Claudia , thank you for giving us a tour of your wonderful garden. I tasty treat indeed, lots of scrummy fruit and veggies. ♥

prad jeddy said...

Nice post. Its really very amazing. I liked your post a lot. I would like to share something that now you can buy the best quality modern chest of drawers with wide range at affordable price from Housefull. Thanks for sharing your informative post with us. For more details visit our website https://www.housefull.co.in/products/storage/living-room-storage/chest-of-drawers