Thursday, February 01, 2007

Library tote & patchwork purse

I love to take little treats to work with me...collaging materials, magazines, a book or knitting, things to brighten my working day during the short breaks between classes. It´s not always easy to leave the house and spend the day teaching english when I´d rather be sitting at the sewing machine but having some inspiration with me brightens my mood. In future I will be using this library tote as my treat bag. It´s a perfect size and I love the quirky little pocket which I have decorated with (you guessed it!) yo yos. This bag was designed by Fiona of hopskipjump, who also makes the most beautiful soft toys. The pattern was well explained and very easy to follow. Everyone has their own tricks when it comes to putting a bag together and the more you make, the easier it becomes. Last week my trusty old money purse fell apart - Lyn from mollychicken included a lovely patchwork purse pattern in the book and I managed to add an inside pocket and coin compartment to mine. I painted on a fabric stiffener so the purse is more vinyl like and can be cleaned with a damp cloth. These little things certainly brighten my day and it´s lovely to get compliments for things I have made myself. Lyn´s blog is an endless source of inspiration and I love to look at all the ideas from Japanese craft books. The Crafter´s Companion is full of beautiful photos and inspirational stories...next on my list of projects are the pillow case apron and the tissue box cover.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

O gosh, I love that library tote bag! So cute! You have some sweet handmade goodies on your site!

Alex S said...

Lordy lordy lordy Claudia! I am catching up this morning on your posts and am just astonished at all the creativity going on over there! And I love the banister edge with that great blue ball and the fabric draped around it. I love everything really- the purses, the color, most of all your glorious creativity!

meghan said...

WOW WOW WOW - your site is absolutely BURSTING with creativity and beauty and talent! I am so inspired by your creations. Ooh, I would do ANYTHING to come over to your house and just CREATE with you all day long!!

Anonymous said...

If you make another of the patchwork clutch purses and list it for sale on Etsy, will you kindly let me know? That is fabulous and I think I'd like to have one! Thank you!!!

msred5@yahoo.com

Muhammad Syahrul said...

Sharing nih Obat luka usus only Obat tbc paru focus Obat Keloid di dada course Obat penghilang gatal pada kulit almost Obat telinga berdengung dan terasa gatal beginning Obat batuk disertai sesak nafas will Obat benjolan di siku tangan they Obat abses kulit believe Obat keloid di payudara kanan dan kiri funny Obat sistitis Thank you so much...