Sunday, January 28, 2007

YO YOS!


Cassi Griffin is the next blogger in the book The Crafter´s Companion and hers was one of the first blogs I ever read. She has an amazing collection of Japanese craft books and makes beautiful things. She is a home-schooling Mum to 3 kids and I can truly relate to her words "what I like least about it (housework) is that you never have much to show for your labor. When I craft I end up with something tangible. I have something that says, look what I did!".
Above you can see the scarf I made from her fabric scarf pattern. I used 2 different silks and it turned out very soft and summery. I used Cassi´s instructions and a yo yo tutorial by Heather to make some brooches and now I´m addicted to making those yo yos! I can´t stop !

4 comments:

Jennifer W. said...

Silk? Wow...

Very pretty! And totally agree that yo-yos are very addicting!

Jamie said...

Very cool! How awesome to have a book you can work through like that. You know you've got exciting new things to try for weeks!

And I really relate to having something tangible. I love the feeling of "I made that." Because my arts have often been performance related and my work is service-oriented, I don't often get that. Maybe that's why I like collaging and am trying out knitting!

Kali said...

I am loving your sewing projects ~ they are so beautiful. Your fabrics sublime.

Anonymous said...

I neeeeeed to get this book. Right? Right?