Thursday, February 21, 2008

It´s Here!

In my mail box this week...the wonderful book Vintage Crochet. I bought this book mainly for the Chevron Blanket pattern ( better known as ripple afghan) but after looking through the book I see so many things that I´d like to make. I´m so grateful that I learned to crochet from my mother and in home economics at school. Although I lost touch with this hobby for many years because it seemed too fancy and frilly, I´ve come to love it again and I can´t wait to get started on the projects in the book. A while ago I made a small rug with all my left-over wools and garns and I look forward to buying some new cotton yarns in interesting colours. What will I make first...maybe the "Ava Wrap, or the "Joni Flower Tunic", or the "Picot Star Tablecloth"???...well, I still have some time to think about it while I finish hand stitching my quilt.

3 comments:

liz elayne lamoreux said...

oh i am so excited that you bought it! isn't it just fantastic?!

i am rippling away...

can't wait to see what you make!

meghan said...

What fun! I love the table cloth. I can't wait to see what you do!

Unknown said...

I LOVE THAT TABLE CLOTH! Make that...make that...make that!