Tuesday, March 28, 2006

21 Day Challenge


I have joined a great project called "the 21 Day Challenge". Jamie has inspired me with her wonderful post - I am amazed at the list of names and can´t wait to check on everyone´s progress.
One of my bad habits is to buy things I don´t need, keep things I don´t use and put things off so I´ve decided to challenge myself to
MAKE THE MOST OF WHAT I HAVE

That means not buying any new things for the next 21 days, learning to appreciate, change and use the things that I have and get rid of things that I don´t love, use or need. I have already started this process and this challenge is just what I need to keep me going to the end. Fitting right in with this is the Use What You Have craft challenge and I will combine the two. Stage one - my wardrobe. I will be clearing it out today and adding appliqué to some t-shirts, sewing a few more skirts and bags (check out this site!), sewing buttons on and making alterations. My summer wardrobe will be creative and colourful and it won´t cost me an extra cent!

9 comments:

Berber said...

That's a great idea!
Have fun creating new things :)

Jamie said...

Congratulations on starting the 21-day challenge! I am so glad that we're doing it together. I can just imagine how clear you're going to feel when those 21 days are done! It's going to be awesome.

Michelle said...

OH YES I TOO AM GOING TO USE WHAT I HAVE...NOT JUST CRAFT STUFF THOUGH!!!!

meghan said...

what a great idea for the 21 days. It's something I should do too. I have so much STUFF & I always seem to buy more and more. You are going to feel so great when this is done - so clear and free - you have been doing some amazing things and I'm sure you will be reaping the benefits SOON!! xoxo

Lita said...

what a great idea!!! Enjoy the journey!

tara dawn said...

What a wonderful challenge...this is all part of what I am hoping to accomplish through the Creativity Exchange...trading personal creations (rather than buying things that spark creativity, etc). Speaking of, I am curious if you are still interested in participating...I am trying to get everyone's information together to send out to all. Email me when you can...hope you are having a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Tara Dawn

HoBess said...

What a great idea! I can't wait for you to post pics of the new wardrobe. Thanks for sharing your story with me on my blog ... reading your comment made me feel as though you'd been inside my head. I'm off to check out this 21-day challenge, thanks for the tip!

Jorth said...

Best of luck - it sounds like an awesome challenge!

Laini Taylor said...

Sounds like a great idea -- I have a couple of friends who are crafty ladies and I'm always so envious of their unique clothes -- not usually stuff they make from scratch, but things taken apart and put back together in interesting ways. It always makes me want to learn to sew. Can't wait to see what you will make!