Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Sew? I knit!


Sew? I knit!
Originally uploaded by chestofdrawers.

This is it! My skirt for the "Sew? I knit!" challenge. I am very happy with it as it´s the first piece of clothing I have made that I can actually wear and definately not the last! I used a soft, flowing floral fabric that someone gave to me ages ago. I am discovering a new romantic side to me - floral fabrics and soft, feminine clothing have been popping up in my clothing collages a lot more than I had expected. The skirt can be easily sewn in and I will probably wear it with summer t-shirts, a denim jacket and sandals.


12 comments:

meghan said...

You look SO cute in this picture!! LOVE IT! Love the skirt, well done you! I'm so impressed. You look great! Keep it all up!!!

Jamie said...

Yay, Claudia!

Congratulations on finishing your skirt. I love the movement at the hemline! Lovely.

Kerri said...

You did a great job and the fabric is lovely...falls very nicely.
Nice picture too.
I'm wondering...would you like to be tagged with "The hardest thing to get used to when coming to a new country"? Val (Carlton Rules) thought it up and tagged me. You're the only other blogger I know that has moved internationally. I haven't tagged you on my blog yet. Thought I'd ask you first.
Enjoyed catching up with your posts. You've been a busy girl. Clever stuff!

Heather said...

People! Good job and congrats on your skirt :) It looks fabulous on you :)

HoBess said...

Congratulations! It's beautiful, as are you! Your smile in this pic is priceless.

Kerri said...

Thanks for visiting. I added the note on my blog about tagging you....so have fun!

Kelly said...

Purdy!

Jorth said...

Oh, well done!

Karen said...

This is such a cute skirt!! Good job ! :)

Laini Taylor said...

So cute! Ah, I really want to learn how to sew some day. I love fabric, and I love skirts, and it doesn't even seem within the realm of possibility to me to make the one turn into the other! Have fun making more!

Michelle said...

Well Done..it looks really great!! Look forward to seeing more of your creations!!

Claudia said...

Thankyou everyone! What a thrill to find so many comments!