Tuesday, January 17, 2006

me and Mickey


me and Mickey
Originally uploaded by chestofdrawers.
I have decided to be brave and join self-portrait-tuesday.
I guess I´m about 6 months old on this photo - we were still living in Austria at the time it was taken, about 40 minutes drive from where I live now with my own family. My parents and brother still live in Australia and sometimes it seems as though it´s my destiny to uphold my family´s connection with Austria, I know that sounds a little weird. I often wonder how different I would be if my parents hadn´t moved to Australia to live, if I hadn´t experienced a mix of cultures that always excited me and a freedom in my childhood that my children growing up here don´t seem to be able to grasp. These are the things I think about when I wake up in the middle of the night to let the cat in and can´t get back to sleep.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Hiya,

What a beautiful picture. Congratulations on courageously joining self-portrait Tuesday. I have been thinking about it. Your bravery may just encourage me to dive in!

Jamie

Kali said...

Hi there ~ thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a lovely comment. You are welcome to stop by and visit anytime. I'm looking forward to visiting you and getting to know you better...have fun with your shopping this afternoon :)
p.s. You were such an adorable bubba.

Unknown said...

Shared this Obat untuk mempercepat datangnya haid movie Obat benjolan dibawah lidah anymore Obat penyakit kulit herpes know Obat nyeri pada payudara kanan dan kiri for Obat sakit dada kiri, kanan dan tengah stay Obat penghilang lipoma rise Obat keputihan disertai bercak darah just Obat limpa bengkak only Obat benjolan di bawah rahang going Obat borok di kepala Thanks for all...