Tuesday, January 17, 2006

me and Mickey


me and Mickey
Originally uploaded by chestofdrawers.
I have decided to be brave and join self-portrait-tuesday.
I guess I´m about 6 months old on this photo - we were still living in Austria at the time it was taken, about 40 minutes drive from where I live now with my own family. My parents and brother still live in Australia and sometimes it seems as though it´s my destiny to uphold my family´s connection with Austria, I know that sounds a little weird. I often wonder how different I would be if my parents hadn´t moved to Australia to live, if I hadn´t experienced a mix of cultures that always excited me and a freedom in my childhood that my children growing up here don´t seem to be able to grasp. These are the things I think about when I wake up in the middle of the night to let the cat in and can´t get back to sleep.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Hiya,

What a beautiful picture. Congratulations on courageously joining self-portrait Tuesday. I have been thinking about it. Your bravery may just encourage me to dive in!

Jamie

Kali said...

Hi there ~ thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a lovely comment. You are welcome to stop by and visit anytime. I'm looking forward to visiting you and getting to know you better...have fun with your shopping this afternoon :)
p.s. You were such an adorable bubba.

BrocanteHome said...

Hello, called over from Kali's. What a lovely little self portrait..