Monday, January 16, 2006

necklace


necklace
Originally uploaded by chestofdrawers.
When I was a child I loved to thread pearls and beads...I had forgotten all about it though until a good friend gave me a whole set of things to make jewelery for christmas. Yesterday I decided to take the time and begin and I am thrilled with my first necklace - and I´m sure it won´t be the last. While I was threading, all these ideas for other pieces of jewelery were popping into my head and I jotted a few of them down. My goal for 2006 is to enjoy myself, to make the things that give me pleasure a priority, to keep obligations like housework simple and to cut down on things that I do only because others think I should. I´m on my way!!!!!

2 comments:

sutrasweetie said...

That is a wise intention to set. Too many times we waste our lives worried about what others think and trying to meet their expectations. Why don't we worry half as much as meeting our own expectations for a happy life? To get to the point where your own joy guides your decisions is a grand place to be.

chest of drawers said...

thankyou for dropping by and leaving a comment...where are you?I can´t find your blog!
Look forward to hearing from you again.