Thursday, March 30, 2006

Moving along!

To choose clothes, either in a store or at home,
is to define and describe ourselves. -Alison Lurie

I´m done sorting...now I can move on to the creative part. One thing I realised after I had washed all my dirty laundry, ironed and sorted everything and hung and folded all my clothing was that I have a lot of clothes! If you´d asked me last week I would have said I don´t have many things and I often have "nothing to wear" but now I see that it´s not so! I really want to feel good and comfortable in everything I wear so that I can move along with ease and concentrate on other things - not just my appearance, so I will be trying different combinations, asking Erich for advice, giving away anything that doesn´t feel "right" and sitting down at the sewing machine.
I chose a practical theme for the 21 Day Challenge because I didn´t want to get too side-tracked from my Life Aims questions ( here and here so far ) so here are the questions for this week - part 3.

What things have you been successful in, in the past?
Which talents and capabilities were decisive in achieving those successes?

I am having difficulty with this as I tend to dwell on the negative - but I will be back in a few days with some answers.

2 comments:

Jorth said...

You're going great guns on this - well done!

Oh, and I have a wardrobe full of clothes that I never wear, either. Time to turf the faded, baggy old maternity tops, methinks - even if they do make good pjs!

Laini Taylor said...

Claudia, I always feel so great after an organizing binge, like I can do anything. Whether it's cleaning out the studio or my closet or cleaning the whole house... it's a really good frame of mind for me to be in to launch other kinds of projects. Hope it's going well!